The Christian experience often speaks to us about the idea of “surrender.” Surrendering our will, surrendering to God’s will and more. Yet, it’s rarely a clearly defined term, even in Scripture.
Join me on the show today as we explore the many examples of surrender that Scripture provides us, as well as the hard questions that follow when understanding how to apply the Christlike example of surrender to our lives.
If you tend to resist the idea of surrender and much prefer the comfort of control, then I highly encourage you to lend an ear to the show and allow me to persuade you that there is more strength to be found through surrender than in the control to which we often cling.
Questions to consider in big moments (Isaac moments) of surrender:
- Am I withholding something dear from God?
- Do I trust God enough to let it die?
Key Scriptures about daily surrender:
- John 6:38
- Luke 9:10-11
- Luke 9:23-24
- Luke 22:42
- John 13:7
- Philippians 2:1-8
- Ruth 1:16-18
Three questions we ask before we are willing to relinquish control:
- Can the person I’m giving control to be trusted?
- Will this person look out for my best interests?
- What if they require something of me that I don’t want to do or cannot give?
Three things we must know accurately about God before we can trust Him:
- Do you believe that God is indeed good? And not just good in general but good TO YOU?
- Do you believe God cares about your life and is actively involved in the mundane aspects of your days?
- Do you understand that God does not love you based on your performance, but He loves you because you are a person He created? He can and wants to extend lavish love, grace, and mercy to you. But you can’t earn it.
Worship Through Music
by Jerry Bridges (Author)
Add to Cart
Thanks so much for listening
Thanks so much for joining me again this week. Have some feedback, please let us know in the comments below and if you have enjoyed the episode share it in your favorite corner of the internet.
If you would take a minute to Rate & Review this show in iTunes we would really appreciate it. Your honest review in the iTunes store helps us improve the show and reach more listeners like you.
Thanks for being a listener. Until next time, keep building your house, one lesson at a time.